Swing shift can really put a damper on one’s life. In many ways it can cause all types of anxiety to the point that one will feel confused about life decisions. Can you even imagine a pro in this? Let’s see below.
Pros of Swing Shifts
- You get to experience all shifts: opening, middle and closing shifts have different responsibilities. This allows insight in a business as well as discovering which shift is your favorite/least favorite!
- Meeting different people is raised by 70%: working the same shift will get old when you see the same coworkers, especially if they’re not your favorite at the time.
- Gaining more experience in the business: being well rounded is a great factor when wanting to be an experienced employee. You never know how far it could get you in life.
- Works for people without families and in school. A flexible schedule is better than a stagnant schedule.
Cons of Swing Shift
- If you’re not an insomniac, you will be. Sleep patterns do not exist in the swing shift worker’s world.
- Eventually your mood will change. Don’t let the shifts and the stress that comes with it depict who you are. Leave feelings at the door and do your best!
- Call ins will get annoying. Especially if it’s every shift.
- You’ll consider quitting, transferring or finding another occupation. It will literally make you feel emotionally and mentally frustrated because you will not have the rest you need to have an energetic day. Customer facing and productivity will drain you.
- Less and less time with family. Missing events, working most weekends, etc.
Why would people still work it? For rotation reasons, and to keep options open. What do you all think of swing shift businesses?
Why are you so upset? You know you’re not allowed to be a victim! You cannot be upset and truthfully let your true self out in the midst of angry emotions.
There are powerful ways to let stress out.
Allow yourself to scream!
😱 *blood curdling scream*
Before you catch an assault charge or give yourself a heart attack, SCREAM! I literally play music that’s aggressive or at least upbeat, so that I can release. Singing along, screaming along—pleasantly or not—I do whatever what works. Tears and all, I conclusively feel accomplished and turns out, it was tons of fun! #ScreamTherapy
Be assertive and take no shxt.
Face it, this world is not bubbles, giggles and unicorn glitter. Do not overdo it, but it’s ok to be confrontational, respectfully. Looking over people only gets me so far personally. Honestly depending on my mood depends on how I intend to spare these people that enjoy going overboard with “disrespect to the individual”. Understand that there should be limits between what “we” discuss and don’t, privately and publicly. Coworkers are the worst, because it feels as if you have to deal with bs since you’re actually getting paid. If it is unethical or irrelevant to what’s at hand, it should be squashed.
Understand you and what you deserve. If you take responsibility for your happiness and let go of the negativity in your life at the moment, things will become clearer and start to become more manageable.
Pray and Let Go!
We must not dwell..for it detriments our faith if we allow our hope to be diminished...#randomthought
Prayer is the best thing you can do. Build yourself to the point where you find yourself praying only once. Do not dwell. Pray and watch the Lord All Mighty work!! #PrayerChangesThings
When people try to bring you down, they are already below you.
Do not allow them to enter your cranium and control your emotions: do not start doubting yourself. Stay focused on your priorities.
The people that don’t support you are the main ones talking. Overlook them.
When people grow anger and explode, their raw, hurtful but true feelings surface. At least this what I believe. I understand that people also say things they do not mean in anger as well. You have to know the person’s personality to help depict the difference. It’s difficult to live with a person who’s holding in their anxiety. Stress builds up into a mountain under their shoulder blades, forcing their shoulders upward. The tension inside their body makes them suffer. Imagine adding work and family as well! I always try to relate and understand an individual’s perspective when conversing.
[…] I tried so hard, […]
It ain’t my fault ’cause I try to get away, but trouble follows me […].
Prayer is the only thing that’s helping me. I appreciate my supporters, too. Say a prayer for my strength and wisdom as I travel on this journey to where the Lord wants me.
🙏🏽💜🖤💜🙏🏽 -Chanté Adori
Please like & share the verse of the day! Thanks, ❤ Adori
I’m prepared for this shift now. The medicine and hot water helped a lot. Not stiff but noticeable. The popping sound has not left but at least i can drive. It sucks when you have neck pain and trying to drive. I can barely utilize my safety mirrors. Thank God I’m better now.
Thanks for the likes. I’ll be back: ❤ Adori